Thursday, September 19, 2013

A journey begins...

I am fat. Not that I'm pudgy, or husky anymore. I've reached a point when my "fat pants" aren't comfortable. I snore. I'm tired all the time and I don't even want to go into the fact I sweat when no one else does. 

 I've tried diets. Sorta. I've attempted exercise. Kinda. 

What I can't seem to grasp is moderation. Yesterday I heard diet sodas can drive your triglycerides up. I've been drinking diet sodas since college and I'm way overweight which makes me wonder how big I'd be if I drank normal soft drinks. 

 I also wondered today what Floyd the barber on Andy Griffith did before he became a barber. Given the timing of the show, Floyd's age, etc. I wonder if he served in WW II. Given his diction, he might have been exposed to mustard gas or something. I digress. 

Today, I've opted to sit down and share with you, the one or two who might stumble upon this blog, my plans and visions on how I am going to try to change my condition and self-assigned nickname of FatDaddyPawPaw, of FDPP, for short, and get back to a leaner version of me. Weight has been a life long struggle and trust me, I don't fight too hard.

 I love food. All kinds. However, my days on this planet are numbered (given we can be gone in an instant, I am glad we don't have that figure in front of us) and I recently realized unless I live to be in my mid 90s, I sorta missed my midlife crisis which really sucks. 

 On a side note, I found one statistic that says I have a 12.5% chance of living to be 100. Which means, I have a couple more years until my midlife...so, I've got that going for me. 

 Anyway, here's what I'm thinking. I'm going to try to drink more water and little or no diet drinks. When I NEED a soft drink, I'm going to opt for Coke or something regular. With that said, the words LARGE, EXTRA LARGE, SUPER SIZE, JUMBO, and BUFFET are all off limits. Lets see where this goes. Today, I am 280+/-, 44+/- inch waist and I'm 2 months from my 47th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment